Saturday, March 27, 2010

Black Bean Burritos


2 T. olive oil

1 small onion, chopped

1/2 red pepper, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 t. minced jalapeno peppers

3 oz. cream cheese*

1/2 t. salt

2 T. chopped cilantro


Heat oil in a 10 in. skillet over medium heat. Place onion, red pepper, garlic, jalapenos in skillet, cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mix. Spoon into warm tortillas, roll and serve.


*I choose to use low fat or reduced fat cream cheese.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

These burritos look really good and I have everything to make these TODAY! (even cilantro which is just crazy because normally don't have it on hand)! Did you use fresh jalapenos or the kind from the jar?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sounds SO tasty and looks SO pretty!!:) Can't wait to try these! Thanks Kristen!

Kristen said...

Thanks ladies. Okay, Kayla I use jalapenos from the jar so then I have them around. They are perfect for this recipe. Sometimes I mix in some rice too and just throw in what I have around :)